Funding Partners – FAQ
While we recommend contribution of $5,000 or more, we also understand that each Municipal District, County, Town, Village, City, First Nation and Metis Settlement many not afford that amount. Plus organizational budgets, regional population, and membership size, are also contributing factors in deciding participation levels.
We ask that each Municipality et.al. be as generous as they can in their contribution. We are willing to discuss any offer that enables the municipality become an active participant in the History Check project. These initial rounds of funding enable us to do the necessary work to launch and get History Check online while starting basic promotion campaigns of northern Alberta .
This seed money or initial round funding is a one time ask that will enable us to do the necessary work to launch and get History Check online while starting basic promotion campaigns of Northern Alberta. There may be other promotional campaigns, events that we ask for support for in the future.
Due to the immense amount of data that needs to be entered to make History Check Everything Needed to Explore Northern Alberta we need to prioritize.
All Municipalities, Towns, Villages and Cities (1) will have their Museums, Interpretive Centers and Visitor Information Centers listed for launch or shortly thereafter. We will also include submitted Points of Interest and ensure that there is a site to accompany any Historical Point of Interest Sponsorships in that area.
Our Collaborating Municipalities, or those municipalities who have contributed financially deserve to see the first ROI or Return on Investment. They will be our primary focus in seeking out, researching and writing the stories for the Historical Points of Interest. In addition we will be actively contacting those offering services that are of value to to guests and residents of their communities. These will include:
- Historical Buildings or Displays (Churches, Schools, Stores, Grain Elevators, Railway Cars, Vehicles, etc.)
- Historical Signs, Markers & Monuments
- Cemeteries & Grave Sites
- Alberta Big or Unique Icons
- Provincial, Municipal & Privately Owned Parks, Campgrounds & RV Parks
- Hotels, Motels, Bed & Breakfasts, Air N B, and other lodging in Small Communities
- Golf Courses, Guided Tours & Other Recreational Opportunities
- Current Use & Historical Trails (Walking, Hiking, ATV, Biking, Snowshoeing etc.)
- Rental Facilities of Recreational Equipment (Boats, ATVs, Kayaks, Canoes, Skis, Snowshoes etc.)
- Local Specialty Shops, Art Galleries, Gift Shops, Antique Stores & Dining in small communities
- Skate Parks, Water Parks, Rinks, Recreational Facilities and & Community Complexes
- Boat launches and docks
- Nature Walks & Observatories
- Farm tours, green houses and sites to buy local produce
- Theatre locations
- Gas stations in small communities and remote areas.
- Annual Event, Theatres, and similar Locations (Link to events page on fhnas.ca)
- Any business or service in your area that supplies a service to travellers
- Any other items we may have missed
We will also begin to focus our social media posts, and future advertising to primarily focus on these Collaborating Municipalities.
(1) (I have intentionally left out First Nations & Metis Settlements.